Front-end Web Developer
JOYN, YOU’RE SAYING?
Yes, Joyn, a digital loyalty application that aims to create a unique neighbourhood by centralizing rewards and experiences. Joyn’s digital loyalty program offers local merchants tools to stay in touch with their customers. Our mission is to strengthen the local commercial heart in cities because we believe that local shopping is worth gold! Today we already count 7,500 affiliated stores across Belgium with more than 2.0 million users.
Are you our new Front-end Web Developer?
Take your chance:
As a Joyn Web Developer, you will be part of the Joyn R&D team that delivers added value to the Joyn Product by developing and maintaining software services and applications.
You will be responsible for developing, maintaining and elaborating merchant and user oriented applications on the Web platform with a focus on quality. You’ll work on applications that are part of the bigger Joyn transactional platform, which handles approximately 80.000 transactions a day on average.
- primarily build web application front-ends and spend a good chunk of your time coding - and code-reviewing others to ensure we maintain a high standard of quality. You love working with Single Page Application development frameworks like ReactJS and other cutting edge frameworks & libraries.
- participate in design and code reviews, develop, debug, or modify source code and unit tests. As a result you will build well designed, clean applications with solid technical foundations.
- work closely with our product management team, QA, and operations team to build reliable products for our merchants and users.
- work closely with the other developers and the Product Owner in a high performing agile team.
- report status to the Product Owner and Technical Lead and identify issues and risks proactively.
- be responsible for upholding yourself and those around you to the highest coding standards including unit testing code for robustness, usability and reliability. Usability and Quality are two of our fundamental engineering values.
- work in a small, fast-moving team with lots of responsibility (and few roadblocks to getting things done).
Who are we looking for?
- You are a real team player but you’re also able to work independently
- You’re feeling comfortable with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
- You’ve good listening and interpersonal skills
- You understand the importance of the end-user
- You’re eager to learn and able to work result-oriented
- You like working in the flexible and agile environment of an emerging scale-up
- Wide knowledge of computer science/software engineering – through a related degree or diploma, but we also recognize practical experience
- Comfortable with SQL databases
- Interested in modern (i.e. non-typical enterprise) way of developing application stacks
- Agile development knowledge (Scrum, Kanban)
- Experience integrating RESTful web services
- Experience in writing unit and integration tests
- Interest (or skill) in UX design and/or identify UX issues
- Functional programming skills and/or interest
- Keep up to date on the latest industry trends in web technologies
- Familiar with the Atlassian toolset: JIRA, Confluence and BitBucket is a plus
- Previous experience in the financial/transactional world is a plus
French: Nice to have
- Ideally worked with React/Redux (but we will also consider strong Angular / Ember / Vue developers) or other single-page application frameworks
- Knowledge of jQuery
- Expertise in standard architectural patterns & best practices, and concepts in computer science
- Extensive experience writing HTML and CSS given a visual/UX design
- Good understanding of responsive cross-browser CSS, including SASS or LESS
- Functional programming skills/interest
- Experience consuming JSON/REST web services from a web application
- Knowledge of PostgreSQL and/or MySQL databases
- Working knowledge of Java/J(2)EE development
- Excited to experiment and work with new technologies like React Native
- Nice-to-haves: familiar with LocalizeJS, Jenkins, NodeJS, Microservices and AWS
What's in in for you?
- Competitive salary package
- Full time, 5 days a week (in Hasselt)
- Smartphone + subscription
- 12 extra vacation days
- Hospitalization insurance
- Great colleages
- Good work environment
Send an e-mail with your application (CV and motivation letter) to firstname.lastname@example.org.